Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Slow Cooker BBQ Beef . . .and an Apology

So, I’ve been busy.  It’s true.  But that’s no excuse for not posting in over a month!  I’m sorry.  I’ve been busy launching a website for my little home business, Milk & Honey (www.milkandhoneytexas.blogspot.com), the hubby and I went to California for 4 days without the kidlet (Yippee!!), and I’ve been running all over Creation while all my friends are out on Spring Break.  However, I finally found the time to get this long promised BBQ recipe up. 

This is from www.bettycrocker.com.  The BEST tasting BBQ beef that I’ve ever made!

Ingredients:

-3 lb beef boneless chuck roast

-1 cup barbecue sauce

-1/2 cup peach or apricot preserves

-1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard

-2 tsp packed brown sugar

-1 small onion, sliced

1.  Trim excess fat from beef.  Cut beef into 4 pieces.  Place in slow cooker.

2.  Mix remaining ingredients; pour over beef.  Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours or until beef is tender.

DSC_0320

(Sliced onions – quick note.  I NEVER put onions in anything that I cook because we aren’t fans in this house.  But the onions in this recipe get really soft and caramelized and make this dish wonderful!)

 DSC_0322

Before . . .

DSC_0363

. . . and after.  Yum!

The night that I made this, we used the beef and made quesadillas.  All you need to do is put a burrito sized tortilla in a skillet with a little cooking spray, fill the middle with cheese and beef, fold over and brown on both sides.

DSC_0364

Paired with the coleslaw from the last post.  Don’t you love the “vintage” plate from my Mom?  Didn’t we all grow up eating off of those plates?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails