Monday, August 9, 2010

Zucchini Fritters

I apologize for no Home Tour or Face Update this weekend.  My poor little dog had two seizures yesterday and it’s been a rough weekend.  We went to the vet for some bloodwork today so we’re hoping for some answers.  I’ll try to get these updates done for you soon.  Instead, I leave you with a yummy recipe that I already had typed up.

I love thumbing through my cookbooks to find something different.  I can’t STAND having the same meals over and over again.  We love zucchini in the summer so I pulled out a cookbook from my grandmother's church in North Carolina and found this recipe.  After a while, I realized that this was actually HER recipe!  These are great served with ranch dressing for dipping.

Meal Planning:  Served with “Alabama” Pulled Pork

Ingredients:

-1 small zucchini, grated

-1 cup flour

-1 large egg

-3/4 tsp baking powder

-1/2 tsp sugar

-Olive oil

Directions:

1.  Mix all ingredients together to form a batter that is not too thin or too thick.

DSC_0578

Drop from spoon onto non-stick pan that has been coated with olive oil.  Brown each side well.

DSC_0580

5 comments:

Camille @ Camille's Casa said...

Interesting! I'm always looking for ways to sneak in zucchini, my husband has issues with green veggies, lol. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

This looks good! I, too, have veggie issues, so anyway I can trick myself into eating them-- I'll take it!!

BTW- trying your pulled pork sandwiches tonight! I put it in the crockpot and made more of the sauce. I'll have to let you know how it goes. :-)

Katerina said...

I love zucchini and your fritters look fantastic.

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

I do hope your little dog is okay - a friend of mine has a dog who had some seizure recently and she is fine now - the vet says it was just 'one of those things'. I hope that is the same for your little dog.

Your recipe sounds lovely - I've certainly got lots of zucchini from my garden to try it with!

Julie @ Get Healthy Cheap said...

These look great! Thanks for hooking up with us, hope to see you next week. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails