I’m surprised I haven’t posted this one before because it’s a staple slow cooker recipe in our house. Chicken Pot Pie is my FAVORITE meal and I love this tangy twist on the original. The biscuits on top are fluffy from being steamed in the slow cooker and add a great touch to this meal. Sure to be a crowd pleaser! Recipe from “Betty Crocker’s Slow Cooker Cookbook.”
-1 envelope (.87-1.2 oz) chicken gravy mix
-1 can (10.5 oz) condensed chicken broth (my can was 14.5 oz and I threw it all in)
-1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
-1 bag (16 oz) frozen stew vegetables, thawed and drained (I throw in frozen mixed veggies, not thawed :)
-1 jar (4 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1 Tbsp flour
-1 1/2 cups Bisquick Original
-4 medium green onion, chopped (optional)
-1/2 cup milk
-1 cup frozen green peas, thawed (I threw mine in frozen, surprise)
1. Mix gravy mix and broth in slow cooker until smooth. Stir in chicken, stew vegetables and mushrooms.
2. Cover and cook on low heat setting about 4 hours or until chicken is tender.
3. Mix sour cream and flour. Stir sour cream mixture into chicken mixture. Cover and cook on high heat setting 20 minutes.
4. Mix baking mix and onions; stir in milk just until moistened. Stir in peas. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto chicken-vegetable mixture.
5. Cover and cook on high heat setting 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of topping comes out clean. Serve immediately.