Friday, May 13, 2011

Dump Cake

Okay, I’ll admit that the name of this cake is a little unfortunate. . . but it’s the easiest and yummiest dessert there is!  When we want something quick and I don’t want to bother with baking, this is the answer.  It’s almost like a cobbler with the cake mix as the topping.  So good!

Ingredients:

-1 box of yellow cake mix

-1 stick of butter

-2 cans of cherry pie filling

-1 can of crushed pineapple, drained (you can get the big or small can, it’s up to you)

Directions:

Mix the cherry pie filling and the crushed pineapple together in a 9x13 baking dish.  Pour the dry cake mix on top of the cherry/pineapple mixture.  Cut the stick of butter into small chunks (about 1/2” each) and cover the top of the cake.  Place into a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until bubbly and a little brown on top.  Serve with ice cream!

DSC_0226



badge






Foodie Friday

Friday Favorites



2 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness! This is my dad's FAVORITE cake! We had it ALL the time growing up!


I'm going to feature this over on my blog and Facebook!

Courtney said...

I ended up making this Friday night... Mmmmm!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails