Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Baked Spaghetti

This is the first recipe I think that I can ever claim as my own.  It’s so simple but it was so good that I don’t think I’ll ever make regular spaghetti again!  The best part is the cheese layer in the middle – makes it so yummy.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:

-2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes with oregano and basil, with juice

-12 oz spaghetti (I use angel hair), cooked and drained

-1 pound ground beef, browned and drained

-2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 13x9 baking dish.  Cook spaghetti per directions on box.  Cook beef until no longer pink; drain.  Add tomatoes and sprinkles of salt, pepper, oregano, onion and garlic powder (to taste).  Heat through.

2.  Place half of the cooked spaghetti in baking dish.  Top with half of beef mixture and half of cheese.  Repeat layers.

3.  Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 15-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.

DSC_0112Admittedly, it’s not the best picture but it tastes SO good!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails