Anything with melted Velveeta in it is aces in my book! This looked yummy so we thought we’d try it. Again, no points for health on this one but it sure was yummy! The ingredients don’t sound like they go together but it really combines for a yummy treat. Recipe from Pillsbury.
-1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
-1.5 lb ground beef
-2 large onions, chopped (I just used one)
-12 oz Velveeta, cubed
-1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
-2 tsp yellow mustard
-16 round dill pickle chips or 8 oblong dill pickle slices
-1/4 tsp sesame seed (optional)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Curst Pie using 9” pie plate.
2. In skillet, cook ground beef and onions over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef in thoroughly cooked; drain.
3. Stir in cheese, dressing and the mustard. Reduce heat to low; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted. Spoon beef mixture into crust-lined pie plate. Arrange pickle chips over beef mixture.
4. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Sprinkle with sesame seed. Cut slits in several places in top crust. Cover crust edge with 2-3” wide strips of foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking (I didn’t need it).
5. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.