Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Chocolate Malt Cookies

Okay, so let’s be honest here.  I’ve stunk it up at getting on this blog!  2012 has been a rough start for us – lots of colds for me and the girls, plus I’ve had two different muscles in my back that have frozen up on me in the last month.  It’s been rough!  But I have lots of good things in the works.  I have 6 DELICIOUS recipes that I need to type up and put on here.  I also have some wonderful organizing tips as we all get ready for spring cleaning.  Working on a before/after of closets that I have organized that you will love!

In the meantime, I have a couple old recipes in here that I typed up but never posted.  In honor of Valentine’s Day, here is a yummy cookie recipe.  Do you love Whoppers candy?  Then you will LOVE this recipe.  The chocolate cookie is really good but biting into the Whopper is what makes these so tasty.  I’ve had this recipe forever and it stays in rotation for good reason!

Ingredients:

-1.5 cups sugar

-1.5 cups butter (3 sticks), softened

-1 tsp vanilla

-2 eggs

-3 cups flour

-4 Tbsp cocoa powder

-2 tsp baking powder

-1/2 tsp salt

-granulated sugar for rolling

-Malted milk balls (I buy the big carton)

Directions:

1.  Heat oven to 400 degrees.  In large bowl, combine sugar and butter; beat until light and fluffy.  Add vanilla and egg; blend well.

2.  Add flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; mix well.  Shape dough in 1” balls; roll in sugar.  Place on cookie sheet.

3.  Bake at 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes or until edges are set.  Remove from oven and immediately press 1 malted milk ball into center of cookie.  Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet.

DSC_0017

1 comment:

ilovecooking said...

This recipe sure is different, in a good way, from the recipes I've seen for valentine's holiday before. I'm used to seeing heart shaped cookies and sprinkles. These look delicious, and I like that they have chocolate both in them and out. Maybe the malt chocolate on top could be replaced with other chocolate candy favourites too. Thanks for sharing this recipe

Happy Valentine's Day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails