Monday, December 14, 2009

In Progress . . .

We got back from celebrating Thanksgiving with my in-laws a couple weeks ago. I caught a cold during our last couple days there and have been sick ever since. Hence, the crafting has come to a screeching halt. Meanwhile, I have taken back up a project that I had to put down to get Christmas gifts made.



I have been crocheting since I was about 15. My mother taught me. Since then, I have made COUNTLESS baby blankets for my friends and for sale, and about 15-20 full size afghans. I finally got around to making one for myself a few years ago. I have NEVER EVER had this problem, but the blanket I made for myself sheds like crazy! I'm talking maroon dust balls gliding across the floor. It's bad. I got so sick of Swiffering every 5 minutes, so I've decided to try another one. This time I am using 100% cotton yarn instead of the usual acrylic. It is taking FOREVER!



Here it is today:

The color is actually a deep maroon (again, once I get my new camera, the photography should improve greatly!). The big thing of yarn sitting on top of it is a pound of yarn. That is my 3rd one and I think I have at least 1 or 2 more after that one!

So during naptime this week, I have been sitting on the couch, puppy on my lap, and crocheting. I DVR the old Beverly Hills 90210 on the Soapnet and watch them while I work. Right now they are in their senior year at West Beverly . . . so I have plenty stored up! :) What do you listen to or watch while you craft?

After Christmas I'll be able to post all the cute things I made for everyone and hopefully I'll get started on the twenty million baby gifts I have to do for the spring!

1 comment:

Susan Jensen said...

So funny you're still enjoying the 90210 episodes! =) I watch whatever happens to be on my DVR, which could be anything from Monk to Survivor to the new 90210's! I can't believe I'm admitting this on on the internet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails