Friday, September 10, 2010

Deli Rotisserie Chicken – Spice Blend

One of the gifts that we got when we got married was a “Baby George” George Foreman Rotisserie Grill.  I thought, “we will NEVER use this.”  One day we finally pulled it out and decided to cook a chicken on it.  Oh my goodness, it was fabulous.  It tasted just like those yummy ones you get from the deli.  We also have an outdoor grill with a rotisserie attachment that we use sometimes.  If you have something to rotisserie a chicken on (or just cook one in the oven), this is the BEST spice blend.  From the George Foreman recipe book that came with the rotisserie.  To be used on a 4 to 5 pound whole chicken (we remove the skin first).

Ingredients:

-1 tsp salt

-2 tsp paprika

-1 tsp chili powder

-1 tsp garlic powder

-2 tsp black pepper

-1 tsp onion powder

-1 tsp dried thyme

Mix together and rub on chicken.

DSC_0216

Here’s the chicken in the Baby George.  I do like the countertop convenience of it but it’s tough to clean.

DSC_0218

The finished product!  So yummy – doesn’t it just make your mouth water?

DSC_0232



badge

New Friend Fridays



Get Healthy Cheap

Foodie Friday

Friday Favorites

7 comments:

Inspired2cook said...

Stopping by from New Friend Friday. Yumm!! Looks awesome! And it's not loaded with sodium like the store-bought rotisserie chickens.

Unknown said...

Great spice combo. I use my "Showtime Rotissere" to make my chicken! I shall try that blend!
Cute blog too...

Really Rainey

Granite State Pet Sitting said...

Hello we are your newest follower.Found you on the blog hop.
http://www.nhnanny.com/

Unknown said...

Ooooooo- that does look delicious!

Julie @ Get Healthy Cheap said...

Looks like a great spice combo! I never thought about having my own rotisserie before, looks like there's a new kitchen gadget on my wish list. Thanks for linking up with me today, hope to see you next week. :)

Haden News said...

I love using my rotisserie...Your spice blend sounds great, I will give it a try the next time I do a chicken!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

That chicken looks delicious! Thanks for linking up last week for Friday Favorites!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails