Friday, September 24, 2010

Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes . . . And A Little Time Away

I haven’t been present on here lately and I’m sorry.  We’ve been working on a major project here that’s taken up a lot of our time and energy.  I’ll talk about that when we get back . . . from vacation!!  The hubs and I are headed to Las Vegas next week for a few days by ourselves.  We don’t drink and we don’t gamble but we love the food and the people watching in Vegas.  We’ll miss our sweet little one a ton, but it’s definitely time for a little break.  So I hope you enjoy this recipe and I’ll see you when we get back!

This recipe is from my Mother-in-law in South Carolina.  So I’ll start by saying that you shouldn’t expect this dish to be terribly healthy but expect lots of flavor!  My husband raved about these potatoes until I asked her for the recipe.  Now we get to enjoy them whenever we want.  So great!  Would make a great alternative to the plain ole mashed potatoes for the holidays too.  (And if you don’t like cottage cheese, don’t let that scare you off of this dish – you can’t taste it in the final product).

Ingredients:

-6 cups of potatoes, diced and cooked (I usually use 3 large baking potatoes)

-8 oz sour cream

-16 oz cottage cheese

-1 Tbsp grated onion

-2 tsp salt

-1/2 stick butter

Directions:

1.  Drain cooked potatoes, add butter.  When butter has melted, mash with potato masher or in mixer.  Add all other ingredients and place in a 3 qt casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray.

2.  Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.

DSC_0234

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails