I cannot begin to explain to you how good these little desserts are. My mouth is watering as I write this. These little beauties are so light and they just MELT in your mouth. I made these for a birthday at work and people were coming from all areas of the hotel to try them out. I made extra for my husband and we shed a little tear when we ate the last two. These are great for baby showers or wedding showers too. Or just make the whole 5 dozen for yourself and gorge. I won’t tell . . . mainly because I’ve done it myself. And if you still aren’t convinced, this recipe is from Paula Deen. Uh, yeah.
PS – Check out the bottom of the page for some exciting news for today!
-18.5 oz package of yellow cake mix
-3.5 oz package instant lemon pudding mix
-4 large eggs
-3/4 cup vegetable oil
-4 cups confectioners’ sugar
-1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
-1 lemon, zested
-3 Tbsp vegetable oil
-3 Tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray miniature muffin tins with vegetable oil spray. I have this TERRIBLE silicone tray so if you use one of these, spray the muffin tin before putting each batch in.
2. Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs and oil and blend well with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour a small amount of batter, filling each muffin halfway.
3. While baking, combine ingredients for the glaze. Mix with spoon until smooth.
4. After cooling slightly, turn muffins out onto tea towel and start the next batch of muffins (again, spraying the tin if you find them sticking a little). Dip the muffins into the glaze while still warm, turning gently with a fork to cover.
I find that setting it on the fork and tapping the edge of the bowl a little bit will help get some of the excess glaze off so you can conserve as much in the bowl as you can.
5. Devour!!!!! Aren’t these just calling your name??
Sidenote: Sometimes I find myself running low on glaze toward the end. If you want to, you can just spoon glaze over the top of the muffins. It will run down the side and still be just as good.
Joining the link parties below. Just a word about that – I enjoy link parties because it’s a great way to get the word out about this little world of mine. If you are visiting from a link party, please do not feel obligated to join this blog. I only want you to follow if you like what you see – recipes, home stuff, and a few crafts now and then. On the same note, I only follow blogs that have the same things as that (mostly crafts for little girls and recipes). Just wanted to get that out there. Thanks!