Monday, June 7, 2010

Meatball Stew

First, I want to say WELCOME to all of my fabulous new followers!  I am so excited to have you aboard.  What a great feeling to know that there are actually PEOPLE out there READING your blog!  I never thought the day would come.  Thank you again!

Okay, so I know that it is 103 degrees out.  But I love soups and stews any time of year.  There is always something so comforting about a big bowl of soup.  I love this stew because it’s pretty quick and easy but it really has a great flavor for having so few ingredients.  Recipe from the “Dough Magic” cookbook by Pillsbury.

I’m also going to start listing the whole meal for those who like to meal plan.  We had this with English Muffin Bread.  Always a winner! 

Ingredients:

Meatballs:

-1 egg, beaten

-1/4 cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs

-1/2 tsp salt

-1/4 tsp pepper

-1 lb ground beef

Stew:

-1 can condensed tomato soup

-1 1/4 c water

-2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce

-1 (16 oz) pkg frozen mixed vegetables

Directions:

1.  Heat oven to 425 degrees.  Spray 13x9” pan with nonstick cooking spray.  In large bowl, combine all meatball ingredients; mix well.  Shape mixture into 36 (1 1/4”) meatballs; place in sprayed pan.

DSC_0108

2.  Bake at 425 for 12 to 15 minutes or until meatballs are thoroughly cooked.

3.  Meanwhile, in large pot, combine all stew ingredients; mix well.  Cook over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil, stirring occasionally.

4.  Drain meatballs; add to stew.  Cook for 5 to 10 more minutes or until meatballs are warmed through with stew.

DSC_0129

DSC_0131

1 comment:

Susan Jensen said...

For the record, I've been reading your blog since day 1. =) This looks great to me and I know Gabe would LOVE it too. Nathan's not so much of a vegetable eater so he would pick through it. I'm with you - I love a good soup or stew anytime of the year. Nathan always looks at me like I'm crazy when I want soup in the summer. I also enjoyed looking at the pictures of your home. It's too bad you guys don't live closer! Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails