Thursday, July 1, 2010

Crabmeat Deviled Eggs and 4th of July Menu

This will be the first 4th of July where we’ll have family over to celebrate with us.  My parents are coming to the house for dinner and then fireworks with our 18 month old daughter.  I am excited to cook for more than just the 3 of us!  Here is the menu for the Independence Day Celebration:

-Hot dogs and fixin’s

-The Best Coleslaw ever!

-Crabmeat Deviled Eggs (recipe below)

-Iced Tea (of course!)

-Pink Lemonade Pie (I haven’t posted the recipe for this yet, but Cara has the same recipe)

Here is the recipe for the deviled eggs.  A great twist on the Southern Classic!  Recipe from Pillsbury.

Ingredients:

-8 eggs

-6 oz of crabmeat (see note below)

-1/4 cup mayonnaise

-1/2 tsp dry mustard

Optional:

-1/4 tsp ground red pepper

-16 sprigs of parsley

Directions:

1.  Place eggs in medium saucepan; cover with cold water.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes.  Immediately drain; run cold water over eggs to stop cooking.

2.  Peel eggs; cut in half lengthwise.  Scoop yolks from 4 eggs into medium bowl.  Remove remaining yolks; reserve for another use.

DSC_0412 

3.  Flake crabmeat – I use this:

DSC_0413It’s “imitation” crab meat, but when you live this far from the Coast, what can you do?  I think they also sell it in cans – in that case, drain and flake as well.

4.  Add crabmeat, mayonnaise, dry mustard and ground red pepper to yolks in bowl; mix and mash with fork until well blended.  Mound yolk mixture into center of each cooked egg white.  Garnish each with parsley sprig.  Cover; refrigerate until serving time.

DSC_0416

DSC_0415

Happy 4th of July!




badge

New Friend Fridays

8 comments:

Camille @ Camille's Casa said...

I looove crab, and I usually buy the imitation stuff too, lol. My hubby is going to love these, what a great idea!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That sounds so good - definitely have to try the recipe. I'm visiting from New Friend Friday.

daniii♥ said...

omg those eggs sound sooo good. I wish my fiance liked seafood!

(visiting from nff)

Alicia K said...

Stopping by from New Friend Friday ... great blog! Love the Deviled Egg Recipe, will definitely be giving that a try

Alicia
www.kramercottageschool.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

OK, lovely lady, I am so diggin' your recipes! I am now following you...I want more- give me more! :0)

Mhel said...

I use imitation crabs on sushis and salads too.... Still yummy. Im you new follower from Friend Friday Follow. Nice to meet a fellow FB and foodie blogger here. Hope you could follow back and say hi!

http://penspansandpuns.blogspot.com/

Liz said...

Hi! I'm your newest follower from the hop!

Liz
HTTP://lizhasalife.com

Camille @ Camille's Casa said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! And about menu planning, yes it takes me an hour to compile the menu and shopping list for the whole month, but save them for 12 months and I have a year of dinner. Get it? Happy 4th!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails