Sunday, July 11, 2010

Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Sigh . . . I have to apologize yet again.  The little one and I were hit with Upper Respiratory Infections this week so we spent the day on Friday running to urgent care facilities to get treated.  No “Home Tour” this weekend.  And the pictures on the recipes from this week are, well, not always very good.  This is (thankfully) my last week of work too so we’re burning the candle at both ends right now.  I have so many craft projects backed up to share – for those that are interested in more than just recipes – so stick with me!!  Promise! 

Okay – so, in the spirit of “I’m doped up on antibiotics and not in the mood to cook,” here are some wonderful little chicken breasts stuffed with sun-dried tomatoes and ricotta cheese.  Quick and easy and a nice variation on the same old chicken.  Recipe from Family Circle Magazine.

Meal Planning: Paired with the Green Bean Salad (posting soon) – or Balsamic Green Beans or any vegetable (click on the “vegetable” or "side dish” tab on the left of the screen

Ingredients:

-2/3 cup ricotta cheese

-1/4 cup chopped fresh basil

-4 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped (the recipe says “not oil packed” tomatoes but that’s all I could find and the recipe turned out anyway - just use what you have!)

-1 clove garlic, finely chopped

-4 chicken breasts

-Wooden toothpicks

-1/4 tsp seasoning blend (they recommend Mrs. Dash – I used the Greek Seasoning below)

DSC_0512I have to say a word about this stuff – I randomly grabbed it at the grocery store one day and it is FABULOUS!  I use it on chicken, fish, and we even use it on popcorn.  Yummy!

Directions:

1.  Heat oven to 425.  In a small bowl, stir together ricotta, basil, sun-dried tomatoes and garlic until well combined; set aside.

DSC_0513

2.  Using a paring knife, cut deep pockets in the thickest part of the breasts, about 2 inches wide.  Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture into each pocket (just divide the mixture between the 4 breasts).  Seal closed with 3 wooden toothpicks.  I actually take the toothpicks and break them in half to use less.  Just make sure you remove them all before serving!

3.  Place chicken in a 9x13” baking dish and sprinkle with the seasoning.  Bake at 425 for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken registers 160 degrees on a meat thermometer.

 DSC_0516(I didn’t cut my pockets quite right this time so some of the filling oozed out).

Here is what it is supposed to look like – photo from Family Circle: Stuffed Chicken Breasts and Cherry Tomato Salad

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails