Monday, April 5, 2010

Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese Quiche

I can never find a quiche recipe that has everything in it that I like.  So I used several different ones to create this one that I LOVE.  You can really customize it however you want.  When I was nursing and couldn’t eat broccoli, I would do half with and half without.  Use your imagination!

Ingredients:

-1 packed pie crust

-4 beaten eggs

-1.5 cups milk

-salt and pepper to taste

-1 cup cooked, shredded chicken

-Handful of frozen broccoli

-1.5 cups shredded cheese

-1 Tbsp flour

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 375.  Prepare pie crust for 1 curst pie as per packet instructions.  Prick crust generously with fork.  Bake at 375 for about 8 minutes or until light golden brown.

DSC_0273

2.  Stir together eggs, milk, broccoli, and salt and pepper.  Add chicken.  In a small bowl, toss together cheese and flour.  Add to egg mixture, mix well.

3.  Pour into baked crust.  Cook at 375 for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

DSC_0274

DSC_0276

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails