Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cheesy Broccoli Bake

Another “go to” side dish in our family.  I love broccoli and cheese together and this one also incorporates rice.  Plus, you can throw the broccoli in frozen so it’s quick.  I have to admit that after making this for the past 3 years, I just realized that I was making it wrong!  I always use queso in it but it actually just calls for Velveeta.  So I’ll give you an option either way in the ingredients, but I think the queso is what makes it so good.  Recipe from Yahoo! foods.

Ingredients:

-1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped broccoli

-1 can condensed cream of chicken soup

-1 (8 oz) jar processed cheese spread OR queso

-3/4 cup uncooked instant rice

-3 Tbsp seasoned bread crumbs

-1 Tbsp melted butter

Directions:

1.  In a bowl, combine the broccoli, soup, cheese (or queso) and rice.  Transfer to a greased 1.5 qt baking dish. 

DSC_0174

Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.  Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.

DSC_0182

DSC_0185

1 comment:

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

YUM! I love broccoli and cheese! I am coming by from Women Who Do It All. Hope you'll come by and say hello!! I love the name of your blog. It's perfect!

http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails